Last night, I hosted the first meeting of a book club that we are starting at church. It's just a bunch of girls meeting to talk about a book we're reading. Our first book is by Dr. Kevin Leman, 7 things he'll never tell you, but you need to know. We had a really fun time . . . nothing too serious, just fun talk about the way God made men:)
At one point, we ended up talking about making beds--I'm not sure how we got on that topic, but we did. Two women in our group talked about how they make their bed before they get into at night.
Really? I have never heard of this before!
I asked them if they made it in the morning, and they said no, that they only make it right before they get into bed at night so that that the covers are all straight.
I have just never heard of this before and thought it was a bit strange! If you don't make your bed in the morning, why go to the trouble right before you mess it all up again?
My two friends, however, were adament about the importance of making the bed before going to sleep:)
Does anyone else out there do that?
I think I might have to try it and see what they are talking about!
7 comments:
I know what your friends are talking about! I don't make it before I get in, but I do make an effort to make it in the morning, so that at night, when I get in, it's straight. It's just something about getting into a bed that has been made...
:)
Maria
i make my bed each morning, but only after "airing" it out for at least 20 minutes after we get out of it. if you've ever seen that oprah about the mites in your bed...goodNESS. (and thanks for linking me to your site...once i figure that out, i'll link yours too!) m.
Don makes our bed every night before we get in....I like the covers nice and flat on me. With the cold winters here in Michigan it is all about layers to keep in the heat. We just never seem to have the time to make it in the morning while getting ourselves and 3 boys out the door. Weekends are different, but definatly not the case all week long. ~amy
My bed gets made when I change my sheets. I take lots of care in getting the sheets tight and straight. That is my favorite night of sleep because everything is clean and smooth. Because I love that feeling so much you would think that I would make an effort to have that every day. Just add that as one more way a mom deprives herself. I don't take time to straighten my sheets. I fall into them - dirty, wrinkly, and messy.
:) This had me cracking up because Chris (my almost 14 year old) and I just had this conversation the other day.
I was never a 'bed maker' before but w/i the past 2 years I'm an addict. I can't stand when the bed isn't made. I'm trying to get my kids in the habit of doing it but - so far there isn't much success.
It's just....right. :) Although, in the words of Christopher, "It's insane to spend the time making the bed when at night you're just going to mess them up." Typical teenaged boy, huh?
...I think I should let him in on a little secret...I wash his clothes so he can dirty them again!!!...
Happy Summer!!!
Tara
*IF* I make my bed, I make it in the morning. I've been doing a good job making it everyday lately :)
I would only make it at night if it was terribly messy and the sheets were squished at the end of the bed.
I think it's hilarious that this post got so many comments! Thanks to all who left comments because I really did have a hard time comprehending making the bed right before getting into it. But now I get it . . . . straight sheets are important, whether they are straightened in the morning or two seconds before bedtime:)
Post a Comment