Next to those "kid friendly" grocery carts that have a two-seater car on the front with two steering wheels (which is impossible to navigate through the aisles without toppling over a display of Ragu spaghetti sauce), I LOATHE the little play areas that have become popular in malls. You know the ones. The ones with bright green turtles to climb on and cars to drive. The ones with squishy floors where many parents think it's free time for them and an anything goes time for their children?
I took the girls to the mall today to just walk around, have a girls' day out that included the Disney store, dinner, and an ice cream treat. I can never remember the best place to park, as to avoid the play area, and this time, right after we walked into the mall, there it was. Right in front of the Macy's where we came out of from the parking lot. I had obviously parked in the wrong spot. The girls wanted to play so badly, so I let them.
We had an awful experience during our play time and I vow never to go there again. (Let's hope I can remember where to park so I can avoid it all together). So here are my issues with the play areas in malls, based on today's experience.
Issue #1: The germs that must be crawling in that place. I'm pretty sure we'll have a cold or the stomach flu next week.
Issue #2: Big kids that run around like crazy people, knocking little kids down, and the parents that allow that.
Issue #3: Parents not watching their kids.
Issue #4: A little girl who pinched Abby and then pushed her off the bright green turtle. The parent saw this happen did nothing to stop it, didn't apologize to Abby or me, as she fell face first onto the ground crying.
Issue #5: Parents who stand directly behind me and give me dirty looks after I fall into them because their stroller is touching my heels as I am trying to take off Abby's shoes. Why stand that close to me?
Issue #6: Parents who let their little boy run around the play area in only a shirt and a diaper. And a full diaper at that. Seriously . . .gross.
Issue #7: Kids who don't let other kids play in the giant shoe (I think it was a shoe) that had more than enough space for 6 kids and the parents who won't let any other kids in either.
After Issue #4 happened, I scooped up my kids and left muttering under my breath that the play area was the worst place ever. I really wanted to give the mother of the little girl who pushed Abby off the turtle a piece of my mind, but I am trying to avoid drama these days and just kept on walking.
Although the play place was a nightmare today, we had a fun girls' day out:)
2 comments:
We could train Jeremy to come out and be Abby's body guard :) Someone pushes her off a turtle again, he'll take care of it :)
i am with you...i detest the playzone and refuse to shop in nearby stores. i knew i liked you.....
Post a Comment