Tuesday, September 14, 2010

I 've Got the 30!

There are a ton of kids on our street, and there is a regular gathering of families outside every night. The kids ride their bikes and the parents stand around and talk. We are relatively new to this neighborhood, and the more time we are here, the more I love where God has placed us.

Tonight, I was standing with one of my neighbors when one of the others came up (who happens to be the grandpa type of the street). He said, "I got 20, what did you get?" The other neighbor said, "I got the 30!"

I knew exactly what they were talking about . . . Kohl's coupons! Kohl's sends out 15%, 20% or 30% coupons out to their credit card holders every few months. I usually get the 15% or the 20%, but man, when I get that 30% I stock up! It's so exciting to get that 30% off Kohl's coupon.

So here in our neighborhood, they bank on one of them getting the 30% coupon and take turns using it in the allotted time. They were so impressed that I knew what they were talking about right off the bat, that they let me get in on the 30% off goodness:) I think my day is Thursday to use it:)

I think I'm going to like it here!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that! And also, I'm a little envious.

Carrie said...

That's hilarious! We do the same thing. Among us, Derrick's mom, his grandma, and my mom, one of us is bound to get better than a 15%...too funny!