Wednesday, November 11, 2009

How was your trip?

That's a question I've been answering a lot, so here's the answer . . .

I have so many pictures to post from our trip, but don't have them all downloaded yet, so this will kind of have to be out of order. I thought of so many blog posts on during our trip, but didn't have Internet access most nights we just got it here at the apartment yesterday!

Here is an update of what has happened in the past few weeks:

Our trip to Disneyland and San Diego was awesome! Tiring, but so wonderful. If my kids could have spent their entire time at the Toy Story 3D game in California Adventure, I think they would have. We attended the princess lunch again at Ariel's Grotto, and that was awesome . . . all except the fact that Snow White wasn't there that day and we had one very disappointed Abby. So we spent the rest of our time figuring out how we could see her. More on that later.

Most people would think that five days in the car with kids would be excrutiatingly difficult, but we actually enjoyed the trip a lot. Portable dvd players + headphones + new Barbie Three Musketeers movie = hours of quietness in the van. We had a ton of movies with us, but they watched that one the majority of the time. We made pit stops and let them pick out candy at the gas station once a day, so that was a nice bargaining tool for good behavior:) Overall, it was a nice, relaxing trip. Five days was certainly enough though!

We arrived in Orchard Park last Thursday, and Nate left for PLI on Saturday morning, so we didn't get a lot of unpacking done. He's home now and we are rocking and rolling on getting this place to feel more like home. The girls have both started school . . . both really loved it and seem to be jumping right into it. Jenna is a little sad and is missing her friends, but I expected that. Abby's way of dealing with the transition seems to be through bad behavior, but we're working on that and each day is getting better. She needs structure and a schedule, which is something we haven't had much of lately. We're taking this transition day by day and being positive about the good things here in NY, but remembering the good in CA. So far, so good.

The biggest surprise came during our vacation in Southern California:) I am pregnant. Yep . . . preggo, bun in the oven, new redhead on the way, three kids under six, not planned . . . we're having a baby! See the next post for details . . . .

2 comments:

Kara said...

Wow! Congrats! Can't wait for those pictures.

Anonymous said...

Again, I know that I keep saying it, but I am so happy...for YOU.