My friend, Cindy, calls most everything in life an adventure. Good things are adventures, bad things are adventures, and things that aren't planned are most certainly adventures to Cindy.
Today was an adventure . . . it was packing/moving day for us and I am so, so happy it is over. I am happily indulging in the Internet in a hotel room while the rest of the family sleeps. The adventure all started when the driver of our moving van (who was awesome) said, "so it looks like we're packing more than six boxes!"
What? Seriously? Our arrangement was for us to pack everything except the breakables. Apparently "breakables" has a different meaning for me than it did for the lady to made these arrangements. So our driver, Steve, thought he was coming in to pack only six boxes of "breakables." They packed for two hours. I mean, come on . . . breakables include the entire kitchen, all pictures, and fragile things we didn't want to pack.
And while I'm thinking of it, I'd like to send a huge thank you to Jean, Mount Olive's vicar's wife. She is awesome and helped me clean the house she is about to move into:)
Anyway, at about 5:00, we took the girls upstairs to say goodbye to their rooms. Abby blew her room a kiss and walked out the door. Jenna, on the other hand, was very emotional. She didn't want to go and was very sad about leaving. She curled up into a heap on her bedroom floor and kissed her carpet until I had to pick her up and take her out--both of us crying the whole time.
We ended up having dinner with our dear friends, the Bomanns, and in the middle of a conversation with Mark, I realized that we left Alison, the purple Beta fish, that has been a part of our lives for many years, in the kitchen cabinet.
Yes, I forgot the fish. I put her in the cabinet so the packers wouldn't get her, and I forgot to take her out. Thinking quickly on his feet, Mark piped up and offered to "mail" Alison to us in New York:)
So, I have to find a home for the real Alison back in California and find a purple look-alike Alison in New York:)
Always an adventure!
No comments:
Post a Comment