That's what happens to life when kids start puking.
I was on a roll . . . a large mound of laundry was in the hall ready to be folded and put away. I was getting ready to mop the floor and vacuum the carpets. The girls' rooms were picked up. My house was on it's way to being in order. And then Abby started puking.
I am still staring at the large pile of unfolded laundry, which has grown in the past 12 hours:) Toys are everywhere and floors never got cleaned.
But I don't entirely mind. I got to spend a good 12 hours with Abby, who refused to be anywhere but next to me. This mommy job is okay by me:) We spent the day yesterday (in between puking, which Abby handles like a champ) watching movies, tv, and reading books. It is kind of nice to not be *able* to do all the housework that needs to be done, because my little girl needed me more. I was certainly okay with that.
But one of the hardest part of this mommy thing is juggling work and kids, especially when they get sick. I love working part-time and I love my job. It has given us a nice balance that works for our family. But when one of the girls gets sick, I really struggle with having to be at work and wanting to stay home with sick kids. Nate can rearrange his schedule much easier than I can, and he is usually our first option when considering who will stay home with the sickos. Not only am I hourly, but we can't call substitutes anymore due to the budget cuts. So, Nate usually stays home, and I really struggle with that.
Nate had big plans today . . . the man weekend. He went to the delta (which I really have no idea where this is) with a friend of his for a few days of man weekend type things, which include a houseboat, beer, and lots of good food. I'm pretty sure he will come home tomorrow night in the same clothes he left in. He was supposed to leave at 7:30 this morning, but couldn't leave until 12:30 because we couldn't have a babysitter over and get her sick too!
So it was a struggle. But Nate is off to his man weekend, I am trying to entertain two kids who are sick of being in the house, and hoping that no one else get sick!
1 comment:
I am so sorry.
Post a Comment