I am ticked and am going to do something about it.
We get the newspaper every day, and reading it is an essential part of my morning. As I come downstairs for breakfast, I stop outside to get the newspaper that is either still in the driveway or sitting nicely on our porch where Nate threw it when he left for work. I get breakfast ready for all of us, make my peppermint green tea, place my newspaper to the left of my breakfast and endulge in quiet bliss while I eat.
I love news. I love watching news, reading news, and debating what's in the news. I secretly love and follow politics. I read the police log faithfully and never miss a Mr. Roadshow article in our paper. If I could have one channel (or two) on all day, it would be MSNBC and Fox News. (I like to switch back and forth. The best is watching Glenn Beck and Rachel Maddow at the same time, switching back and forth because they are so crazy and polar opposite.) But you see, I cannot watch news all day. I can't watch the news at all. If the tv is on at our house, certain little redheads are whining about putting Yo Gabba Gabba or the Backyardigans on. So I often leave the tv off.
That's where the newspaper comes in. I love it and savor the ten minutes I get to read it while the girls are eating breakfast.
But we have a newspaper thief and this ruins my love affair with the newspaper when it is stolen. Earlier this spring, we had about a month where the paper wasn't being delivered regularly. We thought that we just had a bad delivery guy and called and complained. After a while, the paper was being delivered every day and we haven't had any problems. Until yesterday. No paper. Okay . . . maybe Nate took it with him to work and forgot to tell me. Nope. He never saw it. Today, Nate said he saw it in the driveway when he left at 6:45am and by the time I got downstairs at 8:30 (I know, that's late, but I'm still on summer vacation), it was gone.
So I have deduced that we have a newspaper thief and this is what I'm going to do about it.
We shall see if it works . . .
6 comments:
listen supertwin, i feel like you do about the paper and would do the same thing! only, maybe throw in some candies or a piece of gum to indicate that you are nice, just addicted to news?
I like the idea of attaching candy . . . very nice.
And no, I am not only addicted to news. I am also addicted to Coke, the drink that is. Love it.
heh heh...love this.
The suspense is killing me, I can't wait to find out what happens.
Two days and no thievery:)
That's why I don't ever get the paper. With my luck, I'd order the paper and some dog would poop on it.
Keep us posted!
Post a Comment