Jenna is enrolled in a little dance class, and I am really excited that she is enjoying herself so much each week. Today, they danced around with ribbons and learned how to shuffle with their little tap shoes on. They even did a little shimmy move, which was so hilarious to me!
While the little girls are dancing with Miss Mandi in the studio, it's a whole other world in the observation area where the parents and siblings hang out. You've got boys running around like crazy men, practically knocking all the adults over (much like the Playplace at McDonalds). You've got moms instructing their kids through the windows, which again is hilarious because the kids can't hear them. Then you've got the little girl whose Mom has no control over her as she runs back and forth between the studio and observation room, slamming the door each time. The best, however, is the mom who wears stiletto heels on the dance floor and talks on her cell phone while she dances with her limp daughter who refuses to participate in any part of the program. (I'm sure Miss Mandi really loves that!)
Abby and I just hang out by the observation window. I try to get a spot where she can see, because she likes to do the moves along with Jenna while she's watching. Today, I was holding Abby, who often loves to stick her hands down my shirt for no apparent reason. I am usually caught off guard, but catch her before I flash everyone around me. Today, I wasn't so fast. She grabbed my shirt, pulled it out and said, "Mommy! You got boos on!"
I was immediately mortified because I saw those crazy, running boys looking at me and some of the other mothers had turned to look at me too. I immediately thought she was saying, "Mommy, you got boobs!" but then she said, "Boo, I yike dat coyuer (color)"
Thank goodness she was only talking about the color of that particular undergarment. Hey, I figure that at least I'm not that lady in the stiletto heels!
2 comments:
I hope it was the "boo" I helped pick out. Tell Abby that I have my "boo" on right now too.
Yes, it is the "boo" that you helped pick out, and it my absolute favorite one. I might have to get a "kip" (pink) or "geen" one soon:)
Post a Comment