Friday, July 25, 2008

Vacation Bible School

VBS is a HUGE deal in our house every year. It starts in about April or May when the new VBS cds are available for sale. We buy ours as soon as we can, and in a matter of days know all the songs by heart. Our girls love the music! (So do I . . . )

The actual week of VBS is in July and it is usually a family affair. Nate's job is to lead music. Not the guitar kind, like in the worship team, but he gets up in front of the kids and teaches them the hand motions. I happen to really love watching him do that, because it reminds me of our camp counselor days . . . But it's really awesome for Nate to be the pastor of the church and be able to connect with the kids of our church through VBS. It's also a good way for him to meet the families who don't have a home church and connect with them on a more personal basis. I have been involved in the past few years, but wasn't able to this year due to work. But I still get to sneak in at the very end to see the last few songs:)

Yay for VBS! It really is the highlight of our summer:) Here are a few pictures from this week.




No comments: