Monday, April 28, 2008

Today

A few things in my world right now . . .

1. My parents are coming at the end of this week and we are all going to Disneyland together! Jenna, especially, is so very excited to meet the princesses and see where they live. This will be an awesome experience and we are REALLY looking forward to it.
2. I am working hard to find a new apartment for the next vicar. The current ones live in a place that I picked out and thought was nice. A few weeks ago, there was a prostitution ring busted and a guy arrested IN THEIR BUILDING who was wanted on criminal charges in another state. We can't have the new vicar living there! So of course, I am looking for nice places without criminals. Wish me luck.
3. I am enjoying my new job--teaching Saturday GED preparation classes.
4. I got home from the women's retreat yesterday. I was a co-coordinator and I think it went pretty well. You know when you have those moments with God when he tells you something that you've been trying to figure out for a while? Well, God told me that I have a bad attitude this past weekend, so I'm working on that . . . and I think I agree with him:)
5. Abby wants to do everything herself: change her own diaper, dress herself, brush her own teeth, get her own utensils, buckle her own carseat, walk by herself-she often refuses to hold my hand, and fix her own hair. As you can imagine allowing a two year old to do some of these things without assitance can be very messy and/or frustrating. My patience has been tested a lot lately.
6. My friend, Tamara, sent me a YouTube clip this morning of Bon Jovi and the All-American Rejects singing, "It's My Life." The subject line in her email was "a bright start to your day." She must know that God told me that I have a bad attitude and needed some JBJ to start my day today. She knows me well:)
7. Because my parents are coming, I will be spending the next few days planning each meal, cleaning carpets, working in the yard, and generally making sure that everything is ready for their arrival because my husband loves when they come and wants everything to look good and be perfect. He's obsessive about the carpets and the massive carpet cleaning starts in a few hours. So fun, so fun!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey laura, if you ever wonder if anyone reads your blog - I DO, all the time and I enjoy it alot. Does that make me a voyeuristic FREAK? Yeah, probably. but at least I am confessing and you can call the cops on me if you think its necessary :)

Anonymous said...

Laura--just discovered your blog through Tamara's blog, which I discovered through Janine's blog...anyway, had to post on the candy entry...when Brianna was 2 I put the candy on top of the refrigerator to keep her out of it (she has an incredible sweet tooth.)One day I was downstairs getting changed or something and heard a commotion upstairs. Got upstairs just in time to see her "falling" from on top of the refrigerator...don't worry, nobody got hurt. She had climbed a chair to the counter, got on the microwave, and then climbed the microwave to the fridge. So much for putting the candy where they cannot get to it. I like the idea of serving it for dinner better! Susan

Laura said...

Jocelyn--Thanks for reading my blog. I really don't know who reads it, so I like comments. I check yours everyday too. I might be worse than you though:)

Susan--I have always admired your parenting skills and am so relieved to hear that there are other crazies out there like Abby. She's a climber and into everything! Brianna and Abby would get along just great!

Anonymous said...

I love you and your attitude. Also, I'm jealous of the whole Disney trip. I'll also be sending more videos your way. Searching for them and deciding which to send brightens my day. Knowing that they brighten your day brightens my day.