Thursday, April 10, 2008

Candy For Dinner?

We have this bowl of M&Ms and jelly beans that are on our kitchen counter. They are far enough where the girls can't reach it without getting a chair to swipe some. In the past few days, Abby has been working very hard to get her chair to the counter fast enough to be able to get to the candy bowl before I catch her in the act. But today, she tried a different approach. She quietly snuck over to the counter and reached up as far as she could. She got the edge of the candy dish and slid it to the edge. This is all while I am about five feet from her with my back to her.

When I heard the bowl being dragged to the edge of the counter, I watched her for a minute:) She kept looking back at me with this smirk on her face carefully watching me to see if I would catch her. When our eyes met, I said, "Abby, you can't have any candy. We are having dinner soon."
With that same smirk she said, "Abby numma nummas (M&Ms)?"
I said, "No M&Ms for dinner."
Abby said, "Chocolate dinner?" (She wanted chocolate for dinner.)
I said, "No chocolate for dinner."
Abby said,"Foot acks dinner?" (Fruit snacks)
I said, "No stinker--no fruit snacks for dinner."

All of this with a sneaky little smirk on her face. But oh so cute:)

No comments: