Tuesday, January 01, 2008

A Fashion Guru


For so long, Jenna took no interest in picking out her own clothes. That changes a few months ago, and now we often have days where she picks out the craziest outfits. I thought I'd share because today is one of those days.

Let's start with the hair. She requested pony tails today so that she could choose her own hair accessories. She always wants a bunch of clips in her hair and I have to limit it to a certain number or she would have one of every color! I think she has four in today . . . and if you look closely they all match. I know what you are thinking--the green one really doesn't match, but it does! It matches the green heart on her tights!

Next are the shirts. She LOVES the yellow tank top, and of course, it's too cold to wear it by itself. I thought she's just put it away for summer, but no. She used her problem solving skills and came up with the idea of wearing a shirt underneath it.

The skirt is fine. It's one we've had for a long time that just now fits. Nevertheless, she has to wear skirts these days. Nothing else will do.

The tights. Why do I allow those in our house? The just create crazy outfits like this that I cannot fight.

The shoes. She got these for Christmas and wears them with everything. She even sleeps with them in her bed.

So there you have it. A typical Jenna outfit that is so her. Thankfully, we are not going anywhere today! If we were, all the mothers with four year olds would smile at me and know that Jenna picked out her clothes today:)

No comments: