Most of my posts are about funny things that happen with the girls and I've learned that finding the humor in motherhood and telling you all about it is a positive thing for me. I'm not exactly sure why, but when I laugh about the things that make me crazy sometimes, the craziness doesn't take such a toll on me.
This post, however, is not about a funny thing that happened with the girls. My heart breaks for two families at our vicarage church as well as the people surrounding them.
I love God. I know that everything that happens is in His plan and that everything ultimately glorifies Him. I trust Him and I understand the sacrifice He made for me. I'm having a hard time understanding how two families can be hurting so much as a result of two deaths that were so shocking and hard.
A little girl, just a few months older than Abby, died two weeks ago from an aggressive brain tumor. Her parents, as well as their friends and family, watched her slowly and painfully slip away. An admirable man with a beautiful, Godly family including six children suddenly died yesterday. He will never walk his daughters down the aisle and his family is left in a heap of disbelief and grief that is unimaginable.
Seeing these horrible things doesn't make me doubt God. In the awful things, I see His comfort, healing, and great love, but why them and why now?
My heart breaks for these families and for the people who love them. But I still love God and trust that He will take care of them.
1 comment:
My mom told me the other day that you commented on her blog, and I just saw it tonight. I tried to click your comment so I could see your blog, but it just popped up in this tiny little window that I, for some reason, cannot enlarge. You'll have to send me a link later so I can actually read it.
Anyway, I just wanted to thank you for your thoughts and prayers. They mean a lot to us, because things are pretty sucky right now. I know they'll get better, though, so we're just trying to hang on until then.
But in other news, I can't believe how big Jenna has gotten! She and Abby are both beautiful! By the way, if you have a third I still think you should name her Kaley. :)
Well, sorry this comment was so long. I just don't have your email address or anything, so this was the best I could do. But I hope you guys are all doing well! Tell everyone I say hello
Love,
Kaley
Post a Comment