Monday, May 24, 2010

I Spy With My Little Eye Something Yellow & Black

Today, I chaperoned Jenna's field trip to a local kid's production of Henry and Mudge, which I've never heard of until today. Apparently, Henry and Mudge is a book series for young kids about a boy and his dog.

Anyway, I rode the bus with Jenna and had three other little girls to watch over. We passed the time by playing I Spy--you know the game where you spy something and give the color clue and then the rest of the players have to guess what you spied? After a while, we spied almost everything in the bus and apprently had nothing else to find. Then one of the little girls got creative:)

She said, "I spy with my little eye, something yellow and black." We were all baffled. What was yellow and black? Usually you just say one color, but she said two colors! After no one could guess it, she said, it's Jenna's mom's hair! See? Black at the top and yellow the rest of the way down.

For a minute, I couldn't figure out if I was offended or about to bust out laughing. I decided it was totally hilarious because this little girl is only pointing out the obvious---I need to get my roots done!

When I got to the last month of so of my pregnancy with Abby, my hair started growing fast and furious, as well as coming in really dark. I have never seen my hair so dark--it was almost black. The same thing is happening with this pregnancy. The difference is that this time I have pretty light highlights that are a stark contrast to the black coming in on the top of my head.

Looks like I'll be calling my hairdresser soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I laughed out loud at this. Understand that my laughter comes from a place of understanding as Shelby recently brought home from school a portrait that she drew of me with orange hair. Turns out my at-home coloring job does not look as nice as I thought. To the average 6-year-old eye it looks very orange.

Stephanie said...

Laura - this made me laugh also. I have the Harley Chick look going on at the moment also! Love ya!