Why does it always go like this? I am bored to death and have come up with the bright idea to take the kids to the mall for an afternoon out of the house, because it's too cold to go sledding today. It's 9 degrees. Crazy. In the two minutes before we get our coats, boots, hats, etc. on to go out, all hell breaks loose.
Jenna can't find her wallet. She wants to buy something, so I offer to loan her money and she can pay me back when she finds her wallet. This turns into out of control sobbing and anger on Jenna's part because she obviously doesn't understand the concept of loaning. She thinks I am trying to steal her money and goes on and on about how she wanted to give some to church and spend some at the store and all I want to do is steal her money. Seriously. I was really just trying to help her. But she doesn't get it.
Then Abby refuses to go to the bathroom because she hates going poopy. Really? You do it everyday, and the day that I want to get out of the house (even if that means taking two kids to the mall by myself) , she decides she's not going to go to the bathroom and puts up a fight.
So I have two kids who are sobbing uncontrollably about ridiculous things and all I want is to get out of this apartment and do something somewhat fun. "Somewhat" must be used here because two kids, the mall, and me is only kinda fun. Me and the mall without kids would be way more fun.
So I'm trying to tame the ridiculousness in the house and get them out the door. As crazy as I may be to now add cranky and crazy to the list of this afternoon's activities, I'm still going to try it because I am dying to get out of the house.
I'll let you know if it was worth it.
No comments:
Post a Comment