I thought that with my other two pregnancies, and I don't know why I expected anything different. But I am not myself and there is an alien that is controlling so many things at this point.
I have fully accepted that I am not the best pregnant chick. I love all the parts of being pregnant that don't include nausea, cankles, painful breasts, heartburn, and in my case, too many kidney stones. If I could get rid of some of those, I'd be such a great pregnant lady. But I'm not.
Here's my deal with the nausea. Everything is repulsive to me these days. Everything. Thin Mints sat in my pantry for weeks. I can't even look at Totino's Pizza Rolls without thinking about throwing up, and Pizza Hut Pizza usually doesn't taste good to me. How can this be? But a pregnant girl has to eat, and here's the problem. I force myself to eat whatever looks kinda good at the time. Lately, that's been applesauce, Wendy's Jr. Bacon Cheeseburgers, chocolate milk, Triscuits, and Pop Tarts--the brown sugar kind. I know, not enough nutrition, but I try there too. I make myself eat carrots and salad and even bananas. It's just really hard. I carry around ginger ale and always have crackers. They have saved me often.
Tonight, I had a glimpse of what eating could be like if this nausea ever goes away. Nate had the leftover Pizza Hut cheese pan pizza (which is my favorite) and it smelled so, so good. I asked him if I could have his last piece, which included a part of the crust. I swear, when I put that food in my mouth, I thought I had tasted a little piece of heaven. It tasted so good to me that I cannot adequately put into words how good it was. I'm hoping this returns, because I really miss enjoying food!
1 comment:
Laura, as I am reading this and am 10 weeks pregnant - it's making me ill to read about all the foods! LOL I feel your pain!!!
Post a Comment