Today definitely, 100% disqualifies me from any chance of winning the Mother of the Year award. Really, I shouldn't even even be considered ever again after today.
We had a weekend full of activity and not much time at home. I was drained physically and emotionally, and today I took a break. Here are a list of my offenses for the day . . .
1. It actually all started last night. Our friends left close to 11pm and I made the bad decision to stay up for almost two hours watching The Bachelorette. Seriously . . . I had to be ready to discuss this week's episode with Tamara today!
2. I didn't brush the girls hair today. It was all knotty from yesterday and I didn't feel like listening to whining and crying when I brushed their hair, so I hastily threw it up in ponytails. No one noticed, right?
3. I did not anticipate doing this, but I watched almost the entire Michael Jackson memorial service. That means that I had to convince the girls to play upstairs so that I could watch the service and them at the same time. Definitely a bad mommy.
4. I ignored every ounce of cleaning, laundry, and dish washing that had to be done today. Maybe I can get it done in the hour before Nate gets home.
5. I decided to ignore all the food I just bought at the grocery store and pack the kids into the car to go through the drive thru at Wendy's. I was too lazy to take them in a restaurant and just wanted food I didn't have to cook or take my children out for.
6. I also flat out lied to the girls and told them that Taco Bell was closed when they asked to go there. (I hate Taco Bell and Nate recently introduced them to it.)
7. The girls had chicken nuggets for both lunch and dinner. So nutritious!
8. I didn't order just one jr. bacon cheeseburger, but two. I ate them both and loved every bite of them.
9. And this one has nothing to do with today, but I feel a little bit bad about it even though I probably couldn't have prevented it. Abby got some sort of stomach bug when we were on vacation. But I don't think it was a stomach bug. I think she got sick because she drank too much lake water. Gross. I saw her do it once, but I'm sure she had more than that. Just feeling a little guilty about that.
So I think that completes my list of reasons to be disqualified for mother of the year. In the next few hours, I will furiously try to make up for my lazy behavior today. The kids need a bath (and yes, I plan on brushing their hair this time) and I can at least put the dishes in the dishwasher:)
5 comments:
i think you totally qualify for mother of the year...anyone who could publicly admit all those things (which we all have done...if we fess up) is ready for an award...like maybe a great big hot fudge sundae, just for you!
I have committed so many of those offenses myself. Mya often walks around with an afro because I hate brushing her hair and sometimes I can hear the laundry calling me while my butt is sitting on the couch watching TV.
LOL....I watched MJ Memorial too. And the Bachelorette (from TIVO late in the day) so, I'm there with you...sort of. I don't have much hair to comb :)
I love you...and my kids only had three baths last week.
I laughed when I read this - so funny! Especially the lie about Taco Bell not being open. He he he! Don't worry you are still a good mommy.
Post a Comment