Saturday, April 11, 2009

Feeling a Little Bit Guilty

because I am not cooking a big dinner for Easter. Actually, I am not cooking a dinner at all! We are going out to the Cheesecake Factory, and I am just a little uneasy about it all.

Growing up, we always had family dinners for holidays, whether it was at Aunt Lil's house or at home with just our family. My mom always cooked a big meal, even if there were a ton of leftovers and my brother and I complained the whole time. Big meals on holidays are a huge comfort to me and although I am not the best cook, when I put time and effort into a big meal, I really enjoy all parts of the process.

But we don't have family here and after a long, exhausting week and another one coming up, I just don't feel like cooking. I don't want to go to Costco and wade through the craziness just for a ham. And I don't want to plan and shop for all the other stuff that goes into a nice Easter dinner. And there's a nice gift card from the Cheesecake Factory sitting on my kitchen counter just staring at me and daring me to go there instead of cook a nice meal for my family.

And so the gift card is winning the battle and I'll only feel a little bit guilty as I am eating my Avocado Eggrolls, Chicken and Biscuits, and Oreo Cheesecake with no preparation to worry about and no mess to clean up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Please enjoy your cheesecake with no guilt!