Friday, March 20, 2009

Cake Anxiety

Abby's third birthday is on Sunday and we are celebrating with a party for her on Saturday. I originally was not going to have a party for her with her little friends--I was just going to do something small with the four of us. Then a few weeks ago, Abby kept asking me if her friends could come to her birthday party. How could I say no ?!? So . . . .I planned a small little party and invited the kids that she sees on a regular basis. When asked what kind of party she wanted, Abby said, "I want a purple party!" So a purple party it is:)

I also decided that I was going to go all domestic and MAKE her cake.

Now to many of you, this is not a huge deal. But I have never made a cake. I always buy them. But this time, I am going to make the cake and I am having lots of anxiety over this. What if I can't get the frosting to go on right or what if I can't get the perfect shade of purple for her cake?
Or what if the cake is lopsided? Or what if I royally mess up the little decorations that I am going to attempt to do?

In an attempt to curb my anxiety with this cake business, I bought way more supplies than I need, just in case I mess up. I probably only need one frosting mix, but I bought four. And I probably only need one cake mix, but I bought two.

I'll let you know how it all goes:)

No comments: