1. Either you are all in cahoots with Nate and are lying to me about brown being a good color on me or I need to accept that blonde is a thing of the past for me.
2. I have been a bit obsessed with Christmas already. I know . . . it's not even December yet. I love Christmas. I mostly love that we celebrate Jesus's birth, but I also love that my family will be here. I love that for the first time, we are putting a "blinking Frosty" in our front yard because the girls are dying for one. We spent lots of time driving through neighborhoods last year looking for "blinking Frostys." Now we will have one of our own. I love that we will sleep in the family room by the tree on Christmas Eve. I love giving gifts to people. I love that we will offer Santa milk and beer on Christmas Eve. I love decorating Christmas cookies with the girls. I love addressing Christmas letters.
3. My class has had its share of craziness lately. I have a new student who falls asleep every few minutes and snores until he wakes himself up. I have another student who tried to bring his 2 year old to class today. I have another student who told me this week that he has been faking "being stupid" so that he would be liked in the class. He's failed every assignment until I discovered his scheme. On a more positive note . . . I teach a GED preparation class, and most of my students who take the GED are passing it. That's rewarding.
4. I know that some of you might think I'm crazy because we live in an area where flip flops can be worn all year round. But I desperately miss the beautiful fall colors and the crunching of leaves on the ground. I miss snow flurries and snow days.
5. We are getting a piano from a friend tomorrow, and I am going to attempt to teach Jenna to play the piano. No, I am not crazy (my kid has to be in every activity) mom, she has been playing short songs by ear on her play piano, and I figure that I should explore that area of interest if she has it. I think she has Nate's musical ability and talent. We shall see.
6. Jenna tells me every day that she prays that God will give her 10 little brothers. I keep telling God that I am good with two redheaded girls.
7. I am considering writing a book on new pastor's wives. I have no idea how to do this or if I will actually even do it. It is always in the back of my head these days.
Here ends the random thoughts for the week:)
2 comments:
Random answers:
1) I'm jealous of the blinking Frosty. We are putting out lights but we have no Frosty.
2) You know me. I would lie. I love your hair browm. I love it blonde as well.
3) I love your red headed girls and wish they were here to play with my blonde headed girl and boy.
4) You should totally write a book. Maybe we could go to a writing conference together. I want to write one too. Not on being a pastor wife because I am not and could only write from your experience and that wouldn't be very good. I don't know what I would write about except my life. That could be good.
5)I love you.
I also miss fall leaves and snow...and many people do think I'm crazy. I don't care. Even the few leaves we get up here are nothing compared to the midwest.
On another note, now that I'm not great with child, our families really need to get together. I'll even let you daughters (and you) hold a baby boy!
Post a Comment