Notice the pants in this picture of Abby? Miss Independent. She insists on doing everything herself and accepts no help unless defeat is inevitable.
So, this week, Abby potty trained herself. No, I am not pushing her to be potty trained by two or anxious to get her out of diapers. Jenna wasn't trained until she was 3. I'm a big believer in letting my kids do things when they are ready. She just did it by herself. She sees Jenna and wants to be just like her. About every thirty minutes or so, Abby is MIA and I know exactly where to find her. In the bathroom. Her diaper is neatly thrown in the trash, half the roll of toilet paper is on the floor (why? I don't know, but it happens every time), and she is proudly sitting on the potty saying, "Mommy, I see pawee." (translation, "Mommy, I sit potty.")
I'm pretty excited about the fact that diapers may be a thing of the past in our house and looking forward to the raise that will come in our monthly budget because of it.
So, our little independent, I do everything myself, my way or the highway, go getter, sweet Abby, continues to live up to her personality.
Yay for no more diapers!
No comments:
Post a Comment