Friday, August 24, 2007

Kohl's Was A Bad Idea Today

I should have known not to even step foot in Kohl's today after I had to get the kids back in their carseats when I realized that Abby had a full poopy diaper (which I had changed right before we left) and I had forgotten to put diapers in my bag before we left. I really just should have known that the whole Kohl's experience was going to be a nightmare.

Kohl's was having one of their great sales today. In fact, it was the "everything's on sale" sale and we do a lot of shopping there. I like their home section and their kids clothes. I have been looking for a mirror for our dining room, and I knew that if they had one there, it would be 50% off. I am also on this photo album kick. I have 5000 + pictures on my computer and have decided that even though I REALLY want to be a scrapbooker, that it just isn't for me. I'm not crafty and I do not have the time or patience to do it. And do I really think that I can catch up on 5000 pictures while keeping up with my current ones? So, I am working on printing my pictures out and organizing them into albums. Albums were 50% off today too, so I was on a mission.

After returning home and changing Abby's diaper, the kids and I strolled into Kohls. Abby was in the stroller (buckled of course because she climbs out) and Jenna decided that she wanted to push her princess Bible in a Kohl's cart. Thinking that would keep her busy, I agreed. Wrong decision. Jenna kept running the cart into my heels which really, really hurt. After three times, I told her that if she kept ramming my ankles, that we would have to put the cart away. She burst out into tears upset that she was hurting me and upset that I threatened to take her cart away. Then I felt horrible because I shouldn't have expected her to be able to push a cart that was taller than her.

After she calmed down and put the cart away, we made our way through the clothing. Abby grabs at all the clothes as we pass and manages to get about a fourth of them on the floor. So, I finally just went really fast through the aisles, making sure to keep moving so that Abby coudln't get a hold of the clothes.

Our next adventure happened in the picture frames. Abby decided that being in the stroller was no good, so she screamed, "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy!" over and over as loudly as she could. After trying to tune it out so I could pick out picture albums, I got her out and held her. So, I'm holding Abby and then Jenna starts crying because she wants these princess picture frames that are ridiculously expensive. And not that I think about it, weren't onl sale which means that Kohls lied about the "everything on sale" thing. Anyway . . . Jenna cried for a while and once I got my albums, we started to leave. Then I spotted the perfect mirror for my dining room that was 50% off! I grabbed it! So, I have a crying 3 year old, a crying 1 year old in the stroller, and me trying to push the stroller, carry the big mirror and keep Jenna with me all that the same time.

By the time we got to the checkout, I was thoroughy exhausted.

I should have known that when I had to turn around and go home to get diapers for Abby that staying there would have been the best choice. But the Kohls sale was calling me.

At least I got what I went there for!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I took my kids to Target yesterday to buy a birthday present for a party that we have to attend for a soon to be 6 year old. Seth screams the entire trip if I put him in the actual seat section, so I put him in the basket and Shelby in the seat. He tries to climb out of the basket, but at least he's not screaming.
While we were shopping, I saw that they had put out Halloween shirts. Every year I wait until the last minute and then I have to buy the ugly shirts. I was so excited that they had cute ones but also, they were short sleeved. It can sometimes be 85 degrees on Halloween so short sleeves are a must.
Seth pulled about 10 shirts in the floor and then started whining, "MOMMYMOMMYMOMMYMOMMYMOMMYMOMMY!" I didn't think we could get out of that store fast enough. It always seems like a good idea but I am always exhausted when we are done.

Anonymous said...

I can picture it all! Oh geez!! I'm glad you at least found what you were looking for - and THEY were at least on SALE!
Love,
KLK